Well, maybe not ANYthing. Like, you couldn’t actually use the tip for today to convert from Catholicism to Judaism or from being a raging narcissist to an altruistly humble saint. Or from a total technopesant to an AJAX-oriented HTML5 script jockey. Or . . . well . . . you get it.
What I’m talking about is converting from one file format to another. Zamzar is a website offering free online file conversions. For example, I just converted a PDF file to a JPG and had it email it to, which allowed me to receive the converted JPG as an attachment and then immediately organize it in Outlook to Worldox to my case file. 15 seconds at most. I’m impressed – this is SO much easier than more traditional file organization tools.
For free, you can convert files of up to 100 Mb in size. You can upgrade paid plans starting at $7/month which allow larger file sizes to be converted (helpful for bigger video files – like AVI to WMV, for example) – info on the various upgraded plans is here.
Check out the myriad of document, image, video and other file formats that can be converted here.
Zamzar is my new best friend after quickly and easily handlng a Flash to Windows Movie File format from me. It should be part of every law firm’s technology tools arsenal, especially for managing all the oddball files one might have to deal with in a discovery situation.
- 60 Tips Deconstructed (Day 2): YouMail – The Answer to Pain in the A$% Mobile Voicemail
- 60 Tips Deconstructed: A New Daily Series Starting with Smartphone/Tablet Security for Free
- 60 Tips Deconstructed (Day 3): Perfect App for Holiday Weekend Moviegoers
- May in Mississippi! All Day Legal TecCLE in Jackson on May 25th
- Latest CLE Materials are Online for Downloading